Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Review 6/16

We had a pretty good weekend. Saturday we had an association meeting and Bro. Danny Williams preached a great message. The rest of the day was relaxing.
Yesterday was Father's Day and it was a good day. I talked to my father yesterday morning and I sure do love and appreciate him.
The crowd was big yesterday. Just about everyone is home from vacation. Some were at their father's yesterday but all in all in was a great day. As is usual for me I was in a series so I didnt preach a Father's Day sermon. If you remember, I'm in a series on the Holiness of God and spoke on "Why Must a Loving God Allow People to Go to Hell?" I talked about Adam and Eve and how sin broke the perfect fellowship God and man had. Ive had MANY say that it was great and I think it got some thinking.
Last night was youth night so Bro Andy preached and I took the night off. I couldnt have preached anyway because my voice gave out Sunday morning. If you are one of the ones that watch the program via the internet, you'll see there were times I sound like a girl.
This week is my wedding anniversary. April has put up with me 9 Years. Amazing. Its been good and bad for 9 years but i wouldnt change a thing. Not sure what we are doing yet but maybe we will go somewhere for a day or two.
Braves won 2 of 3 this weekend and pulled out of their stink mode. (man they can be bad sometimes and dont even get me started on Bobby Cox)
Its my day off so Im gonna watch Tiger this morning in the US Open playoff and then go try to emulate him this afternoon. Problem is, I'll look more like Tigger from Whiney the Pooh.

No comments: