Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Review 6/1

Is it really June already??? Good grief how time flies. Anyway, we have had a busy weekend. April's mom and sisters have been in this weekend and so April has been tied up with them. Saturday I had a funeral and then cut grass.
I watched my pitiful Braves drop 3 to the Reds. I just cant figure them out.
Today was a good day at church. Our attendance was back up some but we were still missing a bunch. I finished my series on "In Times Like These" with a message about longing for Heaven. I think many Christians have gotten way too comfortable with this world, so much that if Jesus came and gave them the option they'd stay and ask Him to come back later.
Tonight, we had a real good crowd. (Amazingly at our church our Sunday PM and Wed PM services are very well attended. I spoke on the 4th Characteristic of A Person with Character and talked about being dependable. (Doing what you say you'll do no matter what). It went well.
Pray for Caleb this week. (and his parents) He is going to camp for the FIRST time. I dont know who is more nervous, me or him. Plus, I just like him being around. But this will be good for him and hopefully he will draw closer to Christ.
Inlaws going home tomorrow. But it hasnt been bad.
Getting ready for a new week. Its always something. Have to prepare a brand new Sun AM series. I'll let you all know what it is when I know what it is. If anyone has any suggestions I'll be glad to hear them.

No comments: