Monday, June 30, 2008

TIRED

Well that was a tiring and busy week and weekend. Where do I begin?
First, my week started with high hopes for a church member, Mrs. Linda Ridgeway. She has been waiting on a liver for sometime and word came Tuesday Night that she would get one Wednesday morning. So off to UAB I went Wednesday morning. When I got there the doctors let us know that the liver was contaminated and that she'd have to wait a little longer. But then on Friday she had a slight heart attack in the morning and that put getting a liver to rest and they called the family in. So back to UAB I went. I had been there about an hour and Mrs. Linda went to be with the Lord. Yesterday I had the priviledge of conducting her funeral. They are always easier when you know where they went.
Thursday I was in Tuscaloosa for another serious surgery for one of my members. He was having back surgery that actually took two days. He is doing well now.
Yesterday morning I took a break from my series and preached, "Why Does God Allow His People to Go Through Storms?" I'm afraid that when people go through storms in their lives, they miss the opportunity to bring glory to God and in turn become disenchanted with God. We must always remember that whatever God does, He does so that His Son Jesus Christ will receive glory. It must be about Him.
Last night I had another viewing. A dear member of mine' s grandmother passed.
So, yes, its been busy.
Today, I'm doing NOTHING. Well I might go play golf.
We are going to see Mom and Dad later this week for the 4th. That should be relaxing.
I will have pics. I promise/

No comments: