Monday, November 10, 2008

Time For An Update

Well, I know that it has been a long time since I have updated this blog but let me give a few updates because a lot has happened since the last one.

First let me say that our church is going well. Last month I preached an entire series entitled, "The Greatest Business in the World" and it was all about soul winning. I really believe it challenged our people and I am excited to see the results. Yesterday I began a series entitled, "Where Is History Headed?" It is about the return of Jesus Christ to come get His children and how that day is quickly approaching. I really believe that the signs of the times are all around us and we need to be prepared for His return. The service yesterday morning was great and we had a GREAT response. Please be in prayer for me and our church during this series.

We've elected a new President since my last post. I dont agree with the outcome but do believe that we MUST as Christians pray for our new President. God COULD change his heart and that would make a world of difference. God is in control and I will trust Him.

The family is doing great. April and the boys went to Virginia last week to see her mom and they got home safely. I think she is really glad to be home.

My weight is still under 200. Yesterday I weighed 194. So I think I am maintaining well.

I'm excited about my favorite time of year, the Holidays. We will go to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving and then stay around the house for Christmas. We bought Caleb a Wii and I cant wait to play with it!!!! But dont tell him, its his Christmas present. (Hopefully my 7 year old doesnt read his daddy's blog)

Well, I will try to update again soon. But I cant leave without saying one more really important thing: ROLL TIDE ROLL!

1 comment:

jane franks said...

Thanks for the update. I can't wait until Thanks/Christmas as Caleb use to call it. It will be wonderful to have all my family home. Just being together is enough for me to celebrate. See you soon.
Love you,
Mom