Friday, October 10, 2008

I DID IT

For many who read this post, you may never know that I've struggled with my weight. In high school I weighed 185. Now granted, I was a little scrawny. But married life and age had allowed my weight to get somewhat out of control. While living in VA, I had actually let myself get to 235+. For me, that was fat. My doctors had warned me and tried to get me to lose weight but nothing ever seemed to motivate me. Here in Bama i had leveled off at around 225-226.
But about 7 weeks ago, I just decided it was time. I no longer wanted to be fat and look fat. I wanted to be able to take a picture and not be ashamed of how I looked.
So, this morning I weighed 198!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost 27 pounds in 7 weeks. Many have asked, what is the secret and the truth is there are no secrets. I eat right and run EVERYDAY. Even the days I feel like garbage, I still force myself to run.
What makes me even more happy is that my father has the same determination and so it seems that I DID get something from him. And that, I like.

1 comment: