Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another Great Weekend & A Small Break

Well this past weekend was jam packed. So much was going on.



First in Friday and Saturday Caleb's All-Star team, which I coached, played in the District tournament in Underwood which is about an hour and a half from here. They got beat both games which knocked us out but they had a great season and I was so proud of them. So now we get a one month repreive from sports until August. Caleb says he wants to play football and I suppose I'll let him but man, I wish he'd reconsider. But it is what it is. Football is most people's god around here and so all Caleb's friends are playing, hence, we play.

Sunday was a good day. Our choir did about a 25 minute program entitled, "From Sea to Shining Sea". It used the projector screens to show a DVD while we sang and it was powerful. I preached on "The Problem With America" and everyone seemed to be very receptive to it. It was probably the most talked about sermon after church that I have preached in a while.
Sunday night I continued with "Red Sea Rules #8". I really think our people love this series.

This Sunday Southeastern FWB College will be with us and Ron Davis will be speaking Sunday morning. I will preach Red Sea Rule #9 Sunday night and then began a brand new series Sunday morning July 12th. Not sure what yet.

Tomorrow, I'm leaving for 3 days. Not long, but needed. We are going to Ft. Morgan, Alabama. It is just west of Gulf Shores. So off to the beach for a few days.

No comments: