Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brand New Year

So its been awhile since my last post. Its a brand new year and its been a busy new year already.
Let me just say first of all, I had a great Christmas and holiday season other than Bama stinking it up and my Cowboys imploding. Smoltz has left the Braves (traitor) but they now have Derek Lowe. Hopefully by the time I post again, they will have a new Left Fielder.
Anyway, at church we hit the ground running. We have some changes and I hope they are being received well.
For starters, we've changed the morning time of service to 10:50 am. That will begin on Feb. 1st. We want to include more singing in the service and because Im known to be a little long winded, we had to add some time. But the one thing I really like about the am service, is its all about worship. We've cut out all the excess. And it seems to be going well.
On Sunday nights Ive been preaching a series entitled, "Out of the Box". Being that I pastor a small town Alabama church, it lends itself to get in the "we've only done it one way" mentality. Im hoping with preaching, praying and effort, that will change. And it is already starting and its exciting.
April started nursing school and shes loving it. The kids are in their groove and that seems to be going well.
So, there is my update and I will try again soon.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks! I love hearing about what is going on with you and at the church. I feel so much more a part of your life now. You are my favorite brother in law!!!

jane franks said...

What things did you leave out? Birthday's?Glad you updated. I like reading about what's going on.
Love you
Mom