Sunday, March 8, 2009

Simply Amazing

Joseph told his brothers, "What you meant for evil, God meant for good." And there is NO DOUBT that those words ring true for me and my church today.
I wish I knew where to begin in writing what God is doing in our midst. I think the last think I wrote I was telling about the unexplainable things God is doing in our church. Let me see if i can summarize.
It seems revival started in our church about 2 weeks ago when God began to move in the lives of our people. Then we had actual revival services and they were great. But then we come to today. And this morning 4 people came to the altar and prayed to receive Christ as Lord and Savior. Now I was shouting and praising God for all that He did. I came home tonight from church and it was good, but when I got home I received a phone call from a couple in our church needing to meet me back at church. When I got there I had the priviledge of leading them to Christ as well! WOW what a day! Six people prayed to receive Christ today. And all I can say is Simply Amazing!!!!!!!
But the truth is I believe it is just starting. God is doing something awesome in our midst and I am just glad to be a part of it.

Tomorrow is Monday and I have much to do because I leave for my yearly vacation on Friday to Orlando, FL and I want to get my work done so I can relax while I'm gone. Im excited about vacation but also a little sad to leave church at such an exciting time.

Caleb's baseball starts on Tuesday and I will again be coaching his team. Should be fun. Josh turned 4 today and it just seems like time is moving too fast.

April has three mid-term exams this week so pray for her. She too will welcome vacation Friday.

I will try to update from sunny Florida where I will hopefully be "sitting by the dock of the bay" doing a bunch of nothing.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Praise the Lord! Glad things are going better for you. Have a wonderful vacation. Wish we were going with you. Maybe next year!